Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup self raising flour
3/4 cup caster sugar
75g dark chocolate
2 cups boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease an oven proof bowl or dish lightly with butter or oil.
- Melt the butter and milk together and then slowly melt in 50g of the chocolate.
- In the oven proof dish mix the flour, sugar, milk mixture and 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Grate the remaining chocolate over the top of the batter.
- Add the water to the bowl; it should sit over the batter prior to baking.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the centre of the crust is firm to the touch.
- Serve with cream or ice cream. Serves 4 quite contendedly.
- Because this is an eggless dessert this could easily be made with non dairy ingredients for a vegan delight.