1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup almond slivers
1/2 cup coconut shavings
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup no sugar added dried cranberries
2 tbspn coconut oil
120g block of high quality high cocoa 70 - 100% dark chocolate (eg. Ghirardelli, Lindt)
- You don't have to stick to the trail mix options I do, any combination of nuts, coconut and dried fruit you have on hand will do being mindful of carbs.
- Put all the nuts, seeds and dried fruit in a mixing bowl and get a small tray to prepare into.
- I use a fudge tray but you can pour spoonfuls onto a baking sheet or into cupcake pans if you don't have a small confectionary / slice tray
- Break the bar of chocolate into pieces and melt in a microwave or double boiler, stir vigorously
- Add the coconut oil and melt into the chocolate, stir again
- Pour over the nut mix and combine well then pour or spoon into your pan
- Refrigerate overnight or freeze for 2 hours
- Turn out the block, it should come out easily due to the oil content but if not run hot water over the tray
- Score the block before cutting this will help to make regular shapes and avoid shattering the chocolate
- Cut into 24 pieces and then keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator (coconut oil will melt easily at room temperature so only take out when you're about to serve.
- Nutrition is for entire tray, per piece of 1/24 of tray 85 Calories 3.6g Net Carbs, 2.8g Sugar