- Chop the walnuts and set aside
- In a mixing bowl put 120g of unsalted butter and 340g of crumbled Stilton and mix.
- Add 200g of flour, ½ tsp dried thyme, ½ tsp fine sea salt, ¼ tsp ground black pepper and work the dough
- Tip the dough on a lightly floured surface. Shape the dough into a log (approx. Ø 4 cm, 50 cm long).
- Cut log in half, forming 2 x 25 cm logs, then set one aside. Distribute ½ reserved chopped walnuts over work surface.
- Lightly brush log with beaten egg, then roll in walnuts until the whole log is covered. Repeat with remaining log and chopped walnuts.
- Wrap logs in cling film and chill in fridge for 2-3 hours until firm
- With a sharp knife, slice chilled dough logs into thin rounds (approx. 5 mm thick) and arrange on a tray. Bake for 10 minutes (180°C) then rotate trays and bake for a further 3-5 minutes (180°C) until evenly browned.2. In a mixing bowl put 120g of unsalted butter and 340g of crumbled Stilton and mix.
- Tip: Pairs well with very strong jams (e.g.: onion, garlic). I made roasted garlic jam and it was nice pairing.