Chocolate Chip Cookies3/4 cup castor or baker's sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup (250g) salted butter, softened
2 tspn vanilla essence
1 tspn ground cinnamon
2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup nuts - (1/2 cup Walnuts and 1/2 cup Pecans)
2 cups chocolate chips
- I use half and half Walnuts and Pecans to get that classic cookie taste but any nuts you have on hand will do.
- Dark or semi sweet chocolate chips add the best flavour; using 2 or more brands of chocolate chips will give variation in the texture and add interest.
- To reduce calories I use sugar free chocolate chips and replace the castor sugar with Splenda. Do not use all Splenda or the cookies will not brown
- Preheat oven to 165C (325F)
- Soften the butter either by leaving it out of the fridge or using the microwave. Butter that is partially melted has the best results for the final cookies.
- Cream the butter and sugars together using an electric mixer, once the butter has lightened in colour add the vanilla and the egg and whip until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and then mix until a dough is formed.
- Coarsely chop the nuts, if you have a herb grinder or small food processor this will give the best consistency.
- Add the chopped nuts and the chocolate chips to the batter and then mix thoroughly using a spatula
Testing the effect of portioning on the final results - scoop cookies, chilled batter, hand shaped, spoon drop, batter balls
- I spent some time experimenting with different methods of portioning and baking the batter to give the "most attractive" cookies and these gave the most consistent results. Use a spoon or your hands if this is too much bother
- Line 2 cookie sheets with baking paper or silicon baking liners; make sure to let the sheets and liners cool before reusing them or the butter in the batter will melt and change the shape of the cookies
- Using a cookie scoop measure out the batter into drop cookies (around 1tbspn of batter per cookie) spaced around 2 inches apart
- Do not flatten or otherwise reshape the scooped batter. Add some extra chocolate chips to the top of the mounds so that some chips will be exposed above the cookie.
- Put the tray with portioned cookies into the freezer for 15 mins, cooling the batter gives better shape and reduces spread during baking
- Once the batter is frozen place the tray into the oven to bake for around 15 mins or until the batter is very lightly golden brown - remember that the cookies will continue to bake slightly after being removed from the oven
- Cool on a rack and serve with coffee or cold milk. Store in cookie tins lined with baking paper and keep for 1-2 weeks if you can.
Now that you’ve made it to the tip of this page, you may need a brief refresher on which casinos are available to gamers in Hong Kong. For your comfort, we’ve listed all of the secure and obtainable casinos under. Check again regularly, as we shall be adding to this record frequently. 카지노 사이트 This might sound surprising, but there are a few ways a glance at|to have a look at} the state of things that may help make clear this.ReplyDelete