Quick Mediterranean Risotto
2 chorizo sausage links
2 cup cooked arborio rice
1 brown onion
1 small red capsicum
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup red wine
5 sundried tomatoes
1 clove garlic
oil for frying
- Dice the onion and capscium to 1/2cm square pieces.
- Heat a deep saucepan, non stick for preferance and add a small pool of oil. Add the onion and sweat, then add the capsicum.
- When the capsicum has wilted add the diced garlic and sundried tomatoes and stir well.
- Chop the chorizo into coin sized pieces and add to the pot, when the chorizo is browned add the rice and stir quickly.
- Add the red wine, this should quickly soak into the dry rice, then add the diced tomato and stew.
- If desired you can let this stew for significant amounts of time, just top up with more wine, water or stock to taste.
- The longest thing about this meal is cooking the rice, use to get rid of old rice, put on the rice cooker before hand or cheat and buy microwave rice.