This recipe is so easy and so good it just begs to be made all year round.
250g butter, softened
1 cup icing sugar
1 cup corn flour
2 cups plain flour
- Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy
- Sift cornflour and flour together
- Mix sifted ingredients into creamed mixture
- Knead well (or cheat and use a mixer until the dough reaches a crumbly texture and then knead)
- On a lightfly floured board roll out to about 0.5cm thickness
- Cute with cutesy Christmas shaped cutters.
- Place onto a greased tray and bake at 150C for around 12 mins per tray
- Eat with eggnog and too much brandy. Hmmm.
i had in my calendar to try make shortbread cookies this weekend as a pre run before xmas, and with all the recipes floating around i didnt know which one to try, so this post was timely and the cookies awesome!ReplyDelete