Saltimbocca is an underated dish especially for low carb eating since it has no starch and high fat content, but the sharp ham, citrus and pickles cut through the fat leaving a happy tummy. In particular this is a great dish to order in Italian restaurants while you watch your friends eat pasta! Even if you're not low carb or gluten free this is a relatively quick meal to cook that pleases the whole household.
500g (1lb) chicken
3 slices prosciutto
4 sage leaves
60g (2oz) salted butter
1 tbpsn capers
2 marinated artichoke hearts
salt and pepper
- Prepare the chicken by separating the tenders from the breast and cutting the breast in half.
- This should leave you with 2 large fillets and 2 small tenders, flatten the chicken using a meat tenderizer and then season with salt and pepper
- Place a sage leaf on top of each piece of chicken and then cover with a piece of prosciutto. For the tenders cut one piece of prosciutto in half and use on the smaller chicken pieces.
- Put half the butter in a pan to heat on medium heat and then fry the chicken in the butter with the prosciutto attached.
- Once the chicken is browned add the juice of the lemon and the rest of the butter and simmer gently until the butter has melted
- Cut the artichoke hearts into small pieces and add to the pan with the capers and simmer for 1-2 minutes
- Remove the chicken fillets to a plate and continue to simmer the sauce until thickened
- Pour the sauce and pickled vegetables over the chicken and serve with fresh green vegetables
- Serves 2 people with only 3g net carbs per person
This is excellent information which is shared by you. This information is meaningful and magnificent for us to increase our knowledge about it. Keep sharing this kind of information. Thank you. korean fried chicken san diegoReplyDelete