1/2 cup sugar
1 cup milk
2 tbspn self raising flour
1 tbspn grated lemon rind
1/2 cup lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius, do not use fan forced if possible. If you do not have a conventional setting on your oven then reduce the cooking time by 10 minutes.
- Separate eggs into two bowls. By preference use a glass or metal oven proof bowl for the egg whites as this will be used to bake the pudding.
- Around 3 lemons will make the required amount of juice. Grate the rind off two lemons and juice all three.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar together in the second bowl until light and creamy. Add the milk, lemon juice and rind. When mixed well and the sugar dissolved sift the flour and mix well. A sifter will make all the difference to the texture.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form, we use a metal or glass dish for best effect as plastic retains oil and prevents the whites from whipping well.
- Carefully fold the lemon mixture into the egg whites, when the mixture is completely mixed place the bowl into the oven on a tray.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until a light golden sponge forms on top.
- Serve with cream or ice cream.