Keto Lemon Bars
Shortbread crust:2 1/2 cups almond flour
1/3 cup powdered erythritol (Swerve)
1/4 cup Coconut oil (melted)
1 large Egg
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 cup powdered erythritol (Swerve)
1/4 cup almond flour
4 large eggs
3/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line a square 9 inch pan with baking paper
- Make the filling first, because it must be ready to go immediately when the crust comes out of the oven. In a medium bowl, stir together almond flour and powdered sweetener.
- Whisk in the eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest, until smooth. Set aside.
- To make the crust, combine the almond flour, erythritol and sea salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in the melted oil, egg and vanilla, a loose dough will be formed.
- Press the dough into the lined pan. Bake for about 15 mins, until firm and golden.
- Remove the crust from oven, and immediately pour the filling over the crust.
- Return to the oven for 15 to 18 minutes, until filling is set, but still soft.
- Let cool to room temperature then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before slicing.
- Top with a dusting of powdered erythritol after slicing and store in an airtight container in the fridge