Gochujang jjigae1 onion
2 cloves garlic
1 cup potato or sweet potato
3 tablespoons gochujang
1 cup water
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 packet firm silken tofu
oil for frying
- Prepare your vegetables; Dice the onion, julienne the carrot and capsicum, crush the garlic and cut the potato into cubes.
- Heat a pan with a small pool of your favourite vegetable oil.
- Stir fry the onions, then the capsicum. When the peppers are soft add the carrot and the garlic and stir fry until the garlic is soft.
- Add the gochujang and stir fry to coat the vegetables. Add the water and stir so that the chilli paste forms a sauce.
- Add the tomato paste and the sugar, stir until well integrated into the sauce. Taste at this point to balance the flavour, add more sugar or chilli to taste.
- Add the potato and cover the stew, boil until the potato is soft.
- Dice the tofu and add to the stew, cook for a further two minutes and then take off the heat.
- Let the stew rest for 2 minutes and serve with rice and your favourite pickles. Serves 4.
- Great for vegans and vegetarians but for a meaty twist add diced fish cake in with the potatoes.
Ooooh, yes. I will also be adding this to our regular meals. Yum yum.ReplyDelete